I got pissed enough at a perceived inefficiency that I spent an hour fixing it with a shell script. Of course, the inefficiency would have taken 5 minutes, tops, but nevermind…
It was also an excuse to brush up on my shell scripting, so that was cool.
You run it on the CLIC lab machines, and it submits your homework. Tested in spring of 2011.
Yes, the error messages try to be not-staid and informative.
Read the file, the comments are the README. Download it from dropbox here.
Very small project. Short and sweet. Documented here for posterity, in case someone in later W3157 courses can find use of it.